Terms & Conditions of Registration & Attendance:
In the Terms & Conditions of Award Entry, the following definitions apply:
‘The Event’ or ‘Award Dinner’ means ‘The British Legal Technology Awards 2020’.
‘NLM’ means Netlaw Media Ltd
‘Winner’ means Award Winner / ‘Finalist’ means Award Finalist / ‘Entrant’ means Award Entrant
‘Attendee’ means any person or business attending or registering to attend ‘The British Legal Technology Awards 2020’
‘Venue’ means TBC, London, United Kingdom.
Terms and Conditions
- Upon receipt of registration and payment, a representative of Netlaw Media will contact you via email within 48 hours to confirm your purchase.
- Upon receipt of registration and payment, a VAT invoice / receipt (where applicable) will be issued via email. Tables / individual tickets for the awards dinner must be paid via credit card at the time of booking. Should payment not be made, the booking will not be completed or accepted. All tables and individual tickets must be paid in full prior to the event and before admittance to the event is permitted.
- Approximately 4 weeks prior to the awards dinner, the main booking contact will receive a link to submit details of all ticket holders and guests.
- Approximately 2 weeks prior to the awards dinner, the main booking contact will receive all event ticket(s) via email or post. All attendees are required to present their ticket on the evening before entry to the event is granted – (Tables of 10 – The main ticket purchaser will receive the full ticket allocation for internal distribution).
- Table positioning will be allocated on a first purchased / best position scenario. Individual ticket holders will be allocated seats on the evening of the event. Individual ticket holders cannot request specific seats and seats will be allocated at the organiser’s discretion.
- NLM reserves the right to reject or cancel any booking without explanation. In the case that a booking is rejected / cancelled by NLM, a 100% refund of the table / ticket price will be completed within 5 working days.
- In the case of a paying attendee requesting a cancellation refunds will not be given, however a substitute attendee may be nominated before 11.59pm one week prior to the event without charge. Name changes and / or substitutes will not be accepted after 11.59pm one week prior to the event.
- NLM will not be held responsible for any travel, accommodation and / or (non-event served) food or refreshment requirements of attendees.
- Attendees must be aged 18 or over. NLM will not be held responsible for attendees obtaining visas to the UK.
- Category winners and finalists are not provided with complimentary tickets to the awards dinner. All category finalists are required to be present at the awards dinner and must purchase a minimum of one ticket to the awards dinner.
- NLM reserves the right at its own discretion to alter or reschedule the awards, the awards dinner and / or these terms at any time and without notice.
- Should the event be rescheduled, these terms remain binding between NLM and the attendee for a period of 6 months from the original scheduled date of the awards dinner. Should the awards dinner be rescheduled, the awards dinner will be held within 6 months of the date of original scheduled dinner and in the case that the attendee is unable to attend the rescheduled event, a substitute attendee may be nominated up to 7 days prior to the rescheduled awards dinner without charge. Should the awards dinner be cancelled or not rescheduled or held within 6 months of the original schedule dinner, a refund limited the sum of a fully paid table or individual ticket cost which has been paid by an attendee will be offered. For the purpose of doubt, a change of name, a rescheduled date within 6 months of the original scheduled awards dinner or a relocation of the awards dinner is not a cancellation.
- NLM will not be liable for any death, injury, financial loss or damage sustained by an attendee or it’s guests as a result of, or arising from any circumstances, including but not limited to financial losses arising from the rescheduling or the cancellation of the awards or awards dinner by NLM, which right NLM hereby reserves where in its opinion it thinks such action necessary, or appropriate under such circumstances which is deemed to be outside the control of NLM. For the purposes of this agreement, non-exhaustive illustrations of those matters which are hereby agreed to be outside NLM’s reasonable control include fire, storm, tempest, lightning, other abnormal weather conditions, national emergency, labour disputes, strikes, lockouts, civil disturbances, explosion, inevitable accident, threatened or actual war, armed conflict, terrorist attack or nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or the withdrawal or non-appearance of key presenters of the awards dinner. Should NLM cancel the awards dinner, this agreement shall automatically terminate.
- NLM will not be held responsible for the security of any attendee nor for any attendee’s personal belongings. All attendees accept and acknowledge that neither NLM nor the venue maintains insurance covering any attendees’ property and / or liability, and it is the sole responsibility of the attendee to obtain such insurance.
- All attendees agree to indemnify NLM against all costs, claims, damages and expenses that any attendee incurs as a result of, or in connection with; any breach of this agreement by NLM; or any complaint or claim made or brought against NLM in respect of any act or omission on the part of any attendee or its guest(s).
- Prior and following the awards, NLM will produce a comprehensive media / publicity campaign highlighting the awards, award categories, winners and finalists. All attendees agree to offer NLM the exclusive right to use content, images and film for the promotion of the awards, and for the commercial promotion of NLM and any NLM event.
- Photography and filming by NLM’s approved photographers and film crews will take place during the awards evening and dinner. As photographs and film footage may include images of attendees, all attendees acknowledge and accept that NLM may record, photograph, film and broadcast (via print, electronic means and internet) any image or film footage taken during the awards evening and dinner. All attendees agree to offer NLM the exclusive right to use any image or film footage taken during the awards evening and dinner for the promotion of the awards, and for the commercial promotion of NLM and any NLM event.
- You do have the right to object to the distribution of your image and if you to wish to removed please notify us immediately.
- No photography, filming or recordings of this event or its speakers, sponsors, winners, finalists or attendees shall be made, produced or displayed (in any print or electronic format) by any attendee or business without prior written consent from the Managing Director of NLM.
- No articles, blogs or text based coverage of the event shall be written, submitted, produced, displayed and / or published by any attendee or any publication, website or business for which any attendee represents or submits such content without prior written consent from the Managing Director of NLM.
- During the award dinner, alcoholic beverages will be served for the enjoyment of attendees. NLM strongly advise all attendees to keep within the UK legal drink driving alcohol limits. By agreeing to these terms & conditions, all attendees accept full responsibility for their own actions and acknowledge and agree that NLM, the event suppliers, the venue and event sponsors will not be held responsible for any attendees actions following the consumption of alcohol, or from any related or non-related circumstance which may occur prior, during or following the awards dinner.
- While peanuts or other tree nuts may not be an ingredient in the food served at the awards dinner, menu items may be produced in the same area as food containing various nuts. NLM, the event caters, suppliers and the venue wish to advise sufferers of nut allergies, that although best practices are used in the preparation of food served by the venue, inadvertent cross-contamination of nuts and nut traces may occur.
- Due to data protection regulations, attendee lists for the awards dinner are not offered by NLM.
- The attendee numbers anticipated for the awards dinner are for guidance purposes only and NLM gives no assurance or warranty that the anticipated attendee numbers will be achieved.
- As part of our due diligence process, NLM reserves the right to check / share your details with all relevant legal authorities including but not limited to: The Solicitor’s Regulation of England & Wales, The Law Society, The Bar Standards Board and in extreme cases the Metropolitan Police.
- By submitting your registration for this event, you consent to Netlaw Media contacting you via email and telephone with regards to this and future events / services.
- These terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
By submitting a registration for this event, the participant acknowledges and gives consent on behalf of all person’s mentioned on this registration form to have their details entered onto Netlaw Media’s database. The participant also acknowledges and gives consent for Netlaw Media to contact the registered delegate via email and/ or telephone for this and future Netlaw Media events and services that are relevant to them.
Your details will be entered into the Netlaw Media Ltd database to help us process your registration more efficiently and to keep you informed of information in relation to this event as well as upcoming events and services. Should you not wish to opt out of receiving information related to additional events and services supplied by Netlaw Media, please write to The Head of Event Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Security / Photo Identification – IMPORTANT NOTICE:
As with all our events, Netlaw Media takes the security of its speakers, sponsors and attendees extremely seriously. Under no circumstances will any person be allowed access to the event without the following:
Event Ticket(s) – Approximately 2 weeks prior to the event, you will receive your event ticket(s) via email or post. You are required to bring your ticket with you on the evening before entry to the event is granted.
Photo Identification – All attending speakers, sponsors and attendees will be required to produce photographic identification at the point of registration before entry to the event is granted. Accepted identification is a valid Driver’s Licence or Passport only.
Please Note – We will not record, photocopy or scan your identification, this request is made for your security and will be used to match your identity to your registration only.
Important – Under no circumstances will any person be allowed access to the event without a ticket and photographic identification which matches the details of their registration. (Under no circumstances will passes be issued or made available on the day of the event)
Should you experience any problems in receiving or printing your invitation, please contact Netlaw Media on +44 (0)20 3176 4200.