Terms & Conditions of Award Entry:
In the Terms & Conditions of Award Entry, the following definitions apply:
‘The Event’ or ‘Award Dinner’ means ‘The British Legal Technology Awards 2019’
‘NLM’ means Netlaw Media Ltd
‘Judge’ means Award Judge / ‘Winner’ means Award Winner / ‘Finalist’ means Award Finalist / ‘Entrant’ means Award Entrant
‘Attendee’ means any person or business attending or registering to attend ‘The British Legal Technology Awards 2019’
‘Venue’ means The Grange St.Paul’s, London, United Kingdom.
Terms and Conditions
- The British Legal Technology Awards are organised by Netlaw Media Ltd (NLM) of No4. 1st Floor, Steeple House, Church Lane, Chelmsford, CM1 1NH, United Kingdom.
- By entering the awards, the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood the terms and conditions of ‘Award Entry’ and ‘Registration and Attendance’ and to be bound by both terms and conditions.
- By entering The British Legal Technology Awards, all award and category entrants have agreed to allow the details of their entry to be shared with the judges and representatives of NLM. All entrants will be deemed to have consented to the transfer and sharing of their personal, company and project data and information for the purpose of administration and judging of the awards and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The British Legal Technology Awards are open to law firms, barristers’ chambers, in-house legal departments, alternative legal service providers and solution suppliers where the product, service or solution is sold within / to the UK legal sector.
- All category entries must be received by NLM prior to the submission deadline. Entries received after the submission deadline will not be accepted. Neither NLM nor the judges will not accept responsibility or liability for any lost, late, mislaid or incomplete entries with all such entries deemed invalid. For the purpose of doubt, proof of dispatch shall not be accepted as proof of entry.
- All category entries must be submitted in English and submitted electronically with supporting documents (if applicable) using the ‘Entry Form’. Any entry received by any other means including via email, fax, post or hand delivered will not be accepted.
- Entry fees (for each individual category submission) must be paid via credit or debit card at the time of submission. Should payment not be made at the time of submission, the submission will not be completed and the entry not accepted.
- Entry fees are £325 + vat per category entered (not per business, project or campaign). All entry fees are non-refundable.
- Upon written request, entries may be withdrawn by the entrant prior to 11:59pm on Friday, 26th July 2019. In the case of a withdrawal of entry by the entrant, entry fees are non-refundable.
- All entrants must be aged 18 or over. The entrant or the employer represented by the entrant, must have worked or be directly associated with the business, project or solution that is featured in the entry.
- Entries must be submitted and paid by the person with whom all future correspondence about the awards and finalist information will be sent.
- Entrants may enter multiple award categories, however all submitted entries must be tailored for each individual category.
- Entries must not exceed the word count of 500 words per individual category area (Objectives / Strategy / Execution / Results) per entry. This word limit does not apply to supporting documentation.
- All category finalists will be notified via-email approximately 8 weeks prior to the awards (September 2019). Due to the high volume of entries for The British Legal Technology Awards, entries which have not been announced as a finalist will not be notified via email or other correspondence.
- The judges will shortlist up to 5 finalists from each award category and the finalists will be publicly announced in September 2019. Finalists will also be listed on the official British Legal Technology Awards website and via NLM’s websites and social media channels.
- Award winners will be announced during the awards dinner taking place in London’ in November 2019. Under no circumstances will the details of winners be disclosed prior to the event. During the awards dinner, one award winner and one runner-up will be announced from the finalists in each category with category winners and runners-up receiving trophies at the event. Finalists (excluding winners and runners-up) will receive a certificate within 30 days of the event.
- Category winners, runners-up and finalists are not provided with complimentary tickets to the awards dinner. All category finalists are required to be present at the awards dinner and must purchase a minimum of one ticket to the awards dinner in November 2019.
- The British Legal Technology Awards are judged by a panel of independent judges without the interference or influence of NLM or any NLM representative.
- The judges and NLM reserve the right at its absolute discretion to reject any entry without explanation or notice. In the case that an entry is rejected by the judges or NLM, the entry fee will be non-refundable (unless NLM in its absolute discretion decides otherwise).
- The judges’ decision will be final and no explanation, correspondence or discussion will be offered or entered into before or following the judges’ decision. Additionally, feedback will not be given on any successful or unsuccessful entry before or following the judges’ decision.
- Should entries of a winning standard not been submitted into an individual category, the judges at their absolute discretion may decline to award a winner or finalists. In the case that a category is deemed unworthy of a winner and / or finalists, entry fees will be non-refundable.
- The judges and NLM reserve the right to amend category selections where it is deemed appropriate.
- The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry not accompanied by the appropriate / correct supporting documentation or any entry deemed to be inaccurate, false or misleading. In the case that an entry is disqualified, the entry fee will be non-refundable.
- The judges and NLM accept no responsibility for any costs associated with entering or attending the awards. This includes but not limited to: Attending the awards dinner or the creation, submission, judging and / or evaluation of award entries.
- NLM will not be held responsible for any travel, accommodation and / or (non-event served) food or refreshment requirements of an award attendee, finalist or winner.
- NLM will not be held responsible for obtaining visas to the UK.
- NLM reserves the right at its own discretion to alter or reschedule the awards, the awards dinner and / or to change the judging panel and / or these terms at any time and without notice.
- Should the event be rescheduled, these terms remain binding between NLM and all award entrants and dinner attendees for a period of 6 months from the original scheduled date of the awards dinner. Should the awards dinner be rescheduled, the awards dinner will be held within 6 months of the date of original scheduled dinner and in the case that an attendee is unable to attend the rescheduled event, a substitute attendee may be nominated up to 7 days prior to the rescheduled awards dinner without charge. Should the awards dinner be cancelled or not rescheduled or held within 6 months of the original schedule dinner, a refund limited the sum of a fully paid table or individual ticket cost which has been paid by an entrant or attendee will be offered. For the purpose of doubt, a change of name, a rescheduled date within 6 months of the original scheduled awards dinner or a relocation of the awards dinner is not a cancellation.
- NLM will not be liable for any death, injury, financial loss or damage sustained by an award attendee as a result of, or arising from any circumstances, including but not limited to financial losses arising from the rescheduling or the cancellation of the awards or awards dinner by NLM, which right NLM hereby reserves where in its opinion it thinks such action necessary, or appropriate under such circumstances which is deemed to be outside the control of NLM. For the purposes of this agreement, non-exhaustive illustrations of those matters which are hereby agreed to be outside NLM’s reasonable control include fire, storm, tempest, lightning, other abnormal weather conditions, national emergency, labour disputes, strikes, lockouts, civil disturbances, explosion, inevitable accident, threatened or actual war, armed conflict, terrorist attack or nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or the withdrawal or non-appearance of key presenters of the awards dinner. Should NLM cancel the awards dinner, this agreement shall automatically terminate.
- NLM will not be held responsible for the security of any award attendee nor for any attendee’s personal belongings. All award attendees accept and acknowledge that neither NLM nor the venue maintains insurance covering any attendees property and / or liability, and it is the sole responsibility of the award attendee to obtain such insurance.
- All award entrants and award attendees agree to indemnify NLM against all costs, claims, damages and expenses that any award entrant and / or award attendee incurs as a result of, or in connection with; any breach of this agreement by NLM; or any complaint or claim made or brought against NLM in respect of any act or omission on the part of any award entrant, its representatives, award dinner guests or any award attendee.
- During the award dinner, alcoholic beverages will be served for the enjoyment of attendees. NLM strongly advise all award attendees to keep within the UK legal drink driving alcohol limits. By agreeing to these terms & conditions, all award attendees accept full responsibility for their own actions and acknowledge and agree that NLM, the event suppliers, the venue and event sponsors will not be held responsible for any attendees actions following the consumption of alcohol, or from any related or non-related circumstance which may occur prior, during or following the awards dinner.
- While peanuts or other tree nuts may not be an ingredient in the food served at the awards dinner, menu items may be produced in the same area as food containing various nuts. NLM, the event caters, suppliers and the venue wish to advise sufferers of nut allergies, that although best practices are used in the preparation of food served by the venue, inadvertent cross-contamination of nuts and nut traces may occur.
- Prior and following the awards, NLM will produce a comprehensive media / publicity campaign highlighting the awards, award categories, winners, runners-up and finalists. All award entrants, winners, runners-up and finalists agree to offer NLM the exclusive right to use content, images and film for the promotion of the awards, and for the commercial promotion of NLM and any NLM event.
- All award entrants, winners, runners-up and finalists grant NLM the exclusive right to use and reproduce their name, trademark and company logo for pre-event, onsite and post-event marketing of the awards, and for the commercial promotion of NLM and any NLM event.
- Photography and filming by NLM’s approved photographers and film crews will take place during the awards evening and dinner. As photographs and film footage may include images of award winners, runners-up, finalists and attendees, all award winners, runners-up, finalists and attendees acknowledge and accept that NLM may record, photograph, film and broadcast (via print, electronic means and internet) any image or film footage taken during the awards evening and dinner. All winners, runners-up, finalists and attendees agree to offer NLM the exclusive right to use any image or film footage taken during the awards evening and dinner for the promotion of the awards, and for the commercial promotion of NLM and any NLM event.
- All winners, runners-up and finalists of The British Legal Technology Awards 2019 will be given the entitlement to display the appropriate British Legal Technology Awards winner, runners-up and finalist logo on their websites and corporate marketing materials for their own promotion. Category winners, runners-up and finalists may only use the official logo in connection with the award for which they have won or announced as a finalist. The logo must be issued by NLM, must not be altered, and the year of the award clearly display.
- By submitting your registration for this event, you consent to Netlaw Media contacting you via email and telephone with regards to this and future events / services.
- Due to data protection regulations, attendee lists for the awards dinner are not offered by NLM.
- The attendee numbers anticipated for the awards dinner are for guidance purposes only and NLM gives no assurance or warranty that the anticipated attendee numbers will be achieved.
- These terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
By submitting a registration for this event, the participant acknowledges and gives consent on behalf of all person’s mentioned on this registration form to have their details entered onto Netlaw Media’s database. The participant also acknowledges and gives consent for Netlaw Media to contact the registered delegate via email and/ or telephone for this and future Netlaw Media events and services that are relevant to them.
Your details will be entered into the Netlaw Media Ltd database to help us process your registration more efficiently and to keep you informed of information in relation to this event as well as upcoming events and services. Should you not wish to opt out of receiving information related to additional events and services supplied by Netlaw Media, please write to The Director of Events at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event Security / Photo Identification – IMPORTANT NOTICE:
As with all our events, Netlaw Media takes the security of its speakers, sponsors and attendees extremely seriously. Under no circumstances will any person be allowed access to the event without the following:
Event Ticket(s) – Approximately 4 weeks prior to the event, you will receive your event ticket(s) via email or post. You are required to bring your ticket with you on the evening before entry to the event is granted.
Photo Identification – All attending speakers, sponsors and attendees will be required to produce photographic identification at the point of registration before entry to the event is granted. Accepted identification is a valid Driver’s Licence or Passport only.
Please Note – We will not record, photocopy or scan your identification, this request is made for your security and will be used to match your identity to your registration only.
Important – Under no circumstances will any person be allowed access to the event without a ticket and photographic identification which matches the details of their registration. (Under no circumstances will passes be issued or made available on the day of the event)
Should you experience any problems in receiving or printing your invitation, please contact Netlaw Media on +44 (0)20 3176 4200.